Leonard F. Olliver
Colonel Leonard Olliver entered the service on 15 April 1941. He attained the rank of Staff Sergeant before attending Infantry Officer Candidate School, where he was commissioned a Second Lieutenant, Infantry, upon graduation from Class Number 83 in October 1942. He was assigned to the 100th Infantry Division at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, upon its activation and remained with the Division during World War II in the United States, France and Germany. | Receiving a branch transfer from Infantry to Adjutant General Corps, he served as Aide-de-Camp and Assistant G-1 concurrently and then as Adjutant General of the 100th Infantry Division until its deactivation. He was the last man assigned to the Division when it was deactivated in January 1946. He later served as Assistant Adjutant General, Headquarters First Army, Governor's Island, New York, and then was selected for duty as a Regular Army Advisor to Headquarters, 29th Infantry Division, Virginia National Guard for two years, 1946-1948. | After attending the Adjutant General Corps Advanced Course, he served in the Career Management Division, Department of the Army. In 1951, Colonel Olliver was assigned to NATO as Assistant Secretary for Administration, Headquarters, Allied Forces Southern Europe, Naples, Italy, and in 1954 he was appointed Adjutant General, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York. | He graduated from the Command and General Staff College in 1956, and then served two years on the faculty of the Adjutant General School, Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana. He moved to Second U.S. Army at Fort Meade, Maryland as Military Personnel Procurement Officer and as Deputy Commander of Second U.S. Army Recruiting District. | He attended the U.S. Army Command Management Course, Fort Belvoir, Virginia, and the Military Assistance Institute prior to a tour of duty as J-1 Advisor, U.S. Military Mission to Iran. In 1962, Colonel Olliver became Director of Manpower, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Headquarters, CONARC, Fort Monroe, Virginia, and served in that capacity until his assignment to Headquarters, U.S. Army Southern Command in September 1966, where he was Assistant Chief of Staff, G-1. | Colonel Olliver retired 31 October 1970. | Colonel Olliver's awards and decorations include: Bronze Star Medal, Army Commendation Medal w/ Oak Leaf Cluster and the French Croix de Guerre w/ Palm from World War II.