Edwin D. Miller

Edwin D. Miller

Edwin D. Miller

Brigadier General Edwin Miller entered the military in 1941 as a member of Company I, 111 Inf Regiment, 28th Div, Pennsylvania NG and received his commission as a Second Lieutenant in July 1942. During World War II he served as Bn S-2 and S-3 and Adjutant for various lengths of time. He was released from active duty on 26 June 1946 and with the reactivation of the 79th Div in Jan 1947, he became Service Company Commander of the 315th Inf Regiment. He obtained his rank of Major only as the Regimental S-2 and was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel assuming the Executive Officer Position in the First Battle Group, 315th Infantry. | Brigadier General Edwin Miller, Commander, 157th Separate Bde (MECH), assumed his command 20 July 1971. He is a veteran of World War II, awarded the Bronze Star w/2 Oak Leaf Clusters, a Purple Heart, a Combat Infantryman Badge, European Theater Metal w/ 3 Stars, American Defense Metal, American Theater Medal, the American Reserve Medal w/ Hourglass. | In January 1963, the 157th Separate Inf Bde was designated and Lieutenant Colonel Miller was given command of 1st Bn, 315th Inf, one of the three assigned Inf Bns of the Bde. He held this command until Dec 1966 at which time he was promoted out of his position into the rank of full Colonel. During the period prior to his assignment as Deputy Brigade Commander of 157th in July of 1970, he worked at various tasks in an attached status to the Brigade. General Miller remained Deputy Brigade Commander until his current appointment. | General Miller owned and operated the Colonial Motel Court in Westchester, Pennsylvania and is a past President of the Pennsylvania Motel Assn and the Motel Assn of America. He is a member of the Elks Lodge 853, American Legion Post 134, both of Westchester, Pennsylvania

Additional Information

  • Rank

    Brigadier General

  • Highest Award

    Bronze Star Medal

  • Year Inducted

    1974

  • Branch Of Service

    Infantry

  • HF ID #

    HF_00692