HARRY W. HOFFMAN
Lieutenant Colonel Harry W. Hoffman joined the 264th Infantry, 66th Infantry Division at Camp Blanding, Florida, as a First Lieutenant in 1944, serving as a Platoon Leader and Company Commander. He was promoted to Captain in 1945, and saw combat in the European Theatre of Operations as a Company Commander with the 318th Infantry, 80th Infantry Division and served as Company Commander with the 13th Constabulary Squadron and Public Safety Officer, Military Government, Greater Hesse, 1946 thru 1948. | He was assigned to the 60th Infantry, 9th Infantry Division, at Fort Dix, New Jersey in 1949, and later became Executive Officer of a Battalion, with the 9th Infantry Division, Fort Jackson, South Carolina. He attended the Associate Advance Course at Fort Benning, Georgia, in 1951. His next assignment was with the KMAG as Infantry School Advisor and then Regimental Advisor with the 20th ROK Regiment. He attained the rank of Major in 1952. Lieutenant Colonel Hoffman was assigned Chief Military Section Attache Branch, Department of the Army from 1953 to 1956. He joined the 52d Armored Infantry Battalion and served as Battalion Executive Officer, South Eastern Task Force until 1958 when he became Deputy G-2, First United States Army Missile Command, Italy. Lieutenant Colonel Hoffman was assigned to the Leadership Committee, Special Subjects Department, United States Army Infantry School, Fort Benning, Georgia in 1959, and rose to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in 1960. | Lieutenant Colonel Hoffman's awards and decorations include: the Silver Star, Bronze Star Medal w/ Oak Leaf Cluster, Combat Infantryman Badge w/ 2d Award, and the Korean Chung Mu Distinguished Military Service Cross w/ Gold Star.