MARVIN E. WILLIAMS
"Lieutenant Colonel Marvin E. Williams entered service as a Private in the 5th Signal Service Detachment June 1939 and served as a Sergeant in the Infantry School Detachment, 1939 – 1941. He was commissioned a Second Lieutenant 12 December 1941 in the second Officer Candidate School class to graduate during World War II. | His subsequent duty assignments were World War II service as Captain, 168th Infantry, 34th Infantry Division, 1941 – October 1944; Battalion Adjutant Headquarters Detachment Commander, Regimental S-1; Battalion Executive Officer and Regimental S-2, Infantry School Instructor, Fort Benning, Georgia, January 1945 – October 1945; Assistant G-1, Headquarters and Replacement School Command, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, October 1945 – October 1946. He served as Major with Assistant G-1, Headquarters Army Ground Forces, The Adjutant General’s Office, Pentagon, October 1946 – September 1947; Office of the Chief of Staff, G-2, Department of the Army, December 1949 – July 1950; Infantry advisor to the United States Army Group, Joint Military Mission for Aid to Turkey, May 1951 – March 1953; Commanding Officer as Lieutenant Colonel, 522nd Infantry, Fort Sill, Oklahoma, 1953 – 1954; Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel with the General Staff, Department of the Army, Pentagon, 1955 – 1957; Executive Officer and Commanding Officer, 4th Army Florida Sector, St. Petersburg and Jacksonville, Florida, 1957 – 1961. Lieutenant Colonel Williams retired in 1961 | Lieutenant Colonel Williams studied Personnel Management at George Washington University in 1949; he completed the Graduate Advance Course, The Infantry School at Fort Benning, 1950-1951 and the Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, 1954 - 1955. | His military awards and decorations include: the Combat Infantryman’s Badge, the Bronze Star Medal w/ Oak Leaf Cluster, Commendation Ribbon, European Theater of Operations Campaign Ribbon w/5 battle stars, other Service Ribbons and the General Staff Identification Badge."