Henry S. Reuss
Lieutenant Colonel Henry S. Reuss was commissioned as an Infantry Officer upon graduation from Officer Candidate School 9 November 1943, class number 304. His first duty assignment was as Aide-de-Camp to Brigadier General Frederick M. Harris, 63d Infantry Division, Camp Van Dorn, Mississippi. | His subsequent duty assignments include: Machine Gun Platoon Leader, Company H, 255th Infantry, Camp Van Dorn, Mississippi; Secretariat, Civilian Supply Branch, International Division, Army Service Forces, Washington, D.C.; Assistant Procurement Control Section Staff Officer, G-4 Division, Supreme Headquarters, American Expeditionary Forces, European Theater of Operations; Assistant Chief of Staff, G-3 Liaison Officer, 75th Infantry Division, European Theater of Operations and Separation Center, Fort Sheridan, Illinois. | His awards and decorations include: World War II Victory Medal; European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal w/3 bronze service stars for participation in the Northern France, Rhineland and Central Europe Campaigns; American Campaign Medal; Bronze Star Medal.