GERALD R. WILSON
Lieutenant Colonel Gerald R. Wilson was assigned as a platoon leader, Infantry Training Center, Camp Croft, South Carolina in 1942. He was promoted to Captain in 1943 and served as a Company Commander with the 100th Infantry Division, Fort Jackson, South Carolina. | Lieutenant Colonel Wilson saw combat in the European Theater of Operations in 1944 as a Company Commander with the 101st Infantry Regiment and in 1945 joined the 19th Reinforcement Depot as S3 of the 1st Regiment. He attended Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas in 1946, and joined the 26th Infantry, 1st Division, Nurenburg, Germany, as an Instructor with the National Guard in Ashland, Kentucky. He attained the rank of Major in 1950, and was assigned to the 7th Infantry Regiment, 3d Infantry Division, Korea, 1951. In 1952, he became Assistant Chief of Staff G2, 47th Infantry Division, Fort Rucker, Alabama, and served in this capacity through 1953. He was reassigned to 3d Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Georgia, 1954, as Assistant Chief of Staff G2. 1955 - 1958, Lieutenant Colonel Wilson served as Executive Officer and Commanding Officer of Bamberg Post, Bamberg, Germany. He was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in 1958. Lieutenant Colonel Wilson became Commandant of the Third Army Non-Commission Officers Academy, Fort Jackson, South Carolina, in 1959. | Lieutenant Colonel Wilson’s awards and decorations include: the Bronze Star Medal w/ Oak Leaf Cluster, Purple Heart, Commendation Ribbon w/ metal pendant and the Combat Infantryman Badge 2d Award.